Private Motor Insurance

This insurance provides cover to a private motor car which is used solely for Social, domestic and pleasure purposes and for own business and profession.

The various scopes of cover available are as follows:

  • Comprehensive (COMP)
  • Third Party Fire and Theft (TPF&T)
  • Third Party Only cover (TPO)
Comprehensive Cover

This is the widest form of cover that one can get and includes:

  • Accidental damage to the vehicle, including fire damage
  • Theft of the vehicle
  • Damage to other vehicles or property (TPPD)
  • Injury to or death of a passenger in your vehicle (applicable to private cars)
  • Injury to or death of Third Party person(s) outside your vehicle, caused by your vehicle.(TPPI)

The above are the basic areas under the Comprehensive cover.

However we will extend the policy to cover the following, normally at a nominal additional cost;

  • Riot, strike and civil commotion.
  • Flood, typhoon, hurricane, volcanic eruption and earthquake.
  • Windscreen (replacement if windscreen breaks accidentally)
  • Non standard accessories e.g. stereo system
Third Party Fire and Theft cover

This cover is not very common. It has features of Comprehensive cover but excludes own damage arising from an accident. This is appropriate for vehicles not used on the road. The policy may be extended to include the above extra covers under comprehensive cover.

Third Party Only cover

This covers unlimited liability for Third party personal injuries or death. For any vehicle, this is the minimum cover required by the Motor Insurance Act. No cover is provided for any form of damage to the policyholder’s vehicle